QME Report Writing and AMA Rating Training
QME Report Writing and AMA Training:
Private sessions available for individuals and groups, upon request.
We also offer distance-learning for the required 12-hr report writing course!
Contact Dana Livingstone-Lopez to arrange a course tailored for you.
Our live classes as well as distance learning classes are all DWC-approved for the required report writing course for pre-QME qualification, as well as for QME/DC continuing education.
Saturday, April 4, 2020
Report Writing Course: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Optional Exam Prep: 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard
Costa Mesa CA
Hotel phone: 714-540-2500
(Parking fee not included)
QME’s/PreQME’s & PTPs
Register now for the QME exam being held on October 5, 2019.
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
You will want to attend this course if you are a physician who:
- Is sitting for the next QME exam
- Has passed the exam and needs this required class
- Is a Primary Treating Physician who wants to improve his/her report writing skills
- Is interested in increasing your referral base by becoming an expert in workers’ compensation issues and report writing
- Prefers one 6-hour day seminar with 6 hours home study
You will learn:
- The QME’s role in the Disability Evaluation Process
- Elements of a Medical-Legal Report
- The language of reports (pre- and post-SB899) including the old and new rating systems
- The QME panel system (represented and unrepresented workers)
- Rules and Regulations pertinent to your workers’ compensation practice (this will help with exam prep)
- Recent Case Law affecting causation, apportionment, and impairment rating (Almaraz/Guzman III, analogizing, Benson, and more!
Dana Livingstone-Lopez – Principal, Livingstone-Lopez Consulting; President, Elliott-Lopez Publications – a QME continuing education home study program, DWC Certified Education Provider #2 and #470
David Kizer, Esq. – Former DWC counsel; currently in private practice representing injured workers in CA workers’ compensation.
Sherry German – Certified Impairment Rating Specialist; Principal, Comprehensive Medical Report Services. President-Advantage Med-Legal; Advantage MPN
This course is certified by DWC Medical Unit for QME CE and the Pre-QME12 hr disability evaluation report writing class
“It’s good to see such a broad range of topics offered and the ability to pick and choose the articles that are of interest to me… thank you for your prompt response and turnaround time.”Robert Neveln, M.D.