QME Report Writing and AMA Rating Training
QME Report Writing and AMA Training:
Private sessions available for individuals and groups, upon request.
We also offer distance-learning for the required 12-hr report writing course!
Contact Dana Livingstone-Lopez to arrange a course tailored for you.
Our live classes as well as distance learning classes are all DWC-approved for the required report writing course for pre-QME qualification, as well as for QME/DC continuing education.
POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19
Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard
Costa Mesa CA
Hotel phone: 714-540-2500
(Parking fee not included)
QME’s/PreQME’s & PTPs
Register now for the QME exam – DATE TBD
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
You will want to attend this course if you are a physician who:
- Is sitting for the next QME exam
- Has passed the exam and needs this required class
- Is a Primary Treating Physician who wants to improve his/her report writing skills
- Is interested in increasing your referral base by becoming an expert in workers’ compensation issues and report writing
- Prefers one 6-hour day seminar with 6 hours home study
You will learn:
- The QME’s role in the Disability Evaluation Process
- Elements of a Medical-Legal Report
- The language of reports (pre- and post-SB899) including the old and new rating systems
- The QME panel system (represented and unrepresented workers)
- Rules and Regulations pertinent to your workers’ compensation practice (this will help with exam prep)
- Recent Case Law affecting causation, apportionment, and impairment rating (Almaraz/Guzman III, analogizing, Benson, and more!
Dana Livingstone-Lopez – Principal, Livingstone-Lopez Consulting; President, Elliott-Lopez Publications – a QME continuing education home study program, DWC Certified Education Provider #2 and #470
David Kizer, Esq. – Former DWC counsel; currently in private practice representing injured workers in CA workers’ compensation.
Sherry German – Certified Impairment Rating Specialist; Principal, Comprehensive Medical Report Services. President-Advantage Med-Legal; Advantage MPN
This course is certified by DWC Medical Unit for QME CE and the Pre-QME12 hr disability evaluation report writing class
“I enjoyed your articles very much. They will make excellent references for some of the issues I wrestle with. Thank you. You are providing very clear and useful information that all QME’s will find useful.”Dr. George Wu